Sunday, August 12, 2007

Black River And Silly People

It was actually in Osseo where the silly person was. I was taking a break in the TV room with some rather pleasant guys when this woman walked in with a bag and sat down. Then with no warning she started cussing about the fact she needed a ride south and cussing about how she needed a shower and couldn't get her card to work and was cussing about all the stupid people that were causing her all this trouble. I felt uncomfortable as I always do when someone acts like this. I probably would have offered to help her but she seemed drunk and was trying to insult everyone in the room. We were obviously responsible for her troubles. Just as her insults toward us became unbearable and I was considering backhanding her, another trucker in the room turned to her and told her calmly to shut up or leave that he didn't need to sit here and be insulted by a no account like her...good for him. She cussed us out and then left. Good riddance.

Later, the fuel desk attendant came in wanting to know who dialed 911 from the pay phone. No mystery there.

Well, I must get off my butt, having fueled, I need to fill out some trip envelopes and update my log and get an accurate idea of what I have for hours for the next few days. I put in my drivers status the other day and miskeyed the mileage. The computer accepted it then but when I entered my driver status yesterday and the day before the computer replied that my mileage was over 5000 miles off and couldn't possibly give me my reply. No one on the computer at the company is smart enough to figure this out evidently. I will try this again today and see what happens. Gotta Go.

No comments: