Tuesday, April 22, 2008

This Is Just To Say

This is just to say, that I am sorry for writing bad things about Jim Palmer and his band of merry cronies. But, it was good for me and it was so easy with as stupid as the crew there can be. And of course, there is the lack of truth that everyone there has to tell. And anyone that has read what I have had to write about Jim and his group of sycophants and losers will know that I did not mean one word of the apology either. Isn't it just funny, how people will apologize for something as a matter of course and something in that apology will betray the sorry feeling and give you the clue that really they are not sorry at all. I am not sorry either.

I was at a place in the greater Chicago area called Lagrou. In a nice neighborhood with a huge park across the street...beautiful. I took a walk and watched as it was getting dark, a couple playing tennis in the lighted court. They were having a great time and I was having a good time watching them. Then the lights went out and you could hear both of them yell out AWWWWWW! And back to the car and off they went. It is funny in this job that we get to see snippets of other peoples lives. That is not to say that if I were at home that I would not be able to see this. What I am saying, is that the life styles are different and the people somehow are different and to tell the truth...I have never watched anyone use the tennis courts in the park at home...

It took me to back in the day when I was in Bahrain. I had a Chief Petty Officer in my division and we were adversaries and not friends. But he was always trying to get me to play golf with him or invite me out on the town. This baffles me to this day as we did not get along professionally and he tried everything in his power to hurt my career while I was stationed with him. Anyway, on that day Drayton Rowe had invited me to play tennis at the courts on the old British Naval Base in Bahrain. It was only 92 degrees or so and excercise sounded good. I had never really played tennis but I was ok at it but I kept launching the balls out of the park on occasion...and there was this kid that kept stealing them and running off. Well, two tubes of balls later and we were on our way back to the ship. I guess someone from there would observe our little slice of life and feel transported in some way too.

I got my annual review a few weeks ago. I have been meaning to bring this up but have forgotten. Got a bonus, but smaller than I was told it would be when I hired on...Everything seems good if I am to look at comments from my mis-manager. Well, he had better say good things about me because he is an incompetent moron. I have just had the lowest mileage year for trucking since I started driving. 124,000 miles and most of the delays were due to either breakdowns or mismanagement. It seems that if a person is to make any money in this industry, that person needs to get to the common areas of trucking income...mileage, pay, and down time. Benefits also are there as well. This company does not measure up and they could do much better. Dedication :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you are so bad. Talking apologies and then taking them back. That is too funny lol. You will probably know who this is from. But hey... I like commenting.