Friday, October 3, 2008

In Iowa and Suffering

Not really suffering, but getting some needed work done on my truck. I get to stay in the hotel and relax while the mechanic does some work on my wind shield wiper washer motor. I also needed a lube and there was a slow leak on a drive tire. There was also the nagging thing with the Sbar heater not wanting to work when I actually need it, but I am just splitting hairs here.

I have been just getting into a routine. A rut would be more like it. I run the same routes every day and sometimes, I see the same drivers on the highway. I do remember when I was over the road and never sure of where I would be headed or even how long I would be out on the road and that used to bug me because I kept thinking about just how nice it would be to run the road every day and get well known at the truck stops and for once, I would know where I was going. Now, I know that was a long sentence and I don't care because it was true then and it is true now. There is no "happy"...you will complain about your situation no matter where you work or what you do. That is good to know going into work every day. Maybe it might keep you at your current job and maybe, you might still have your job at the end of this nightmare in the finance sector. Well, I must pack up and go back to the terminal and hopefully, I will get to go a different direction and they will not tell me when to deliver. Perhaps they will just say guess...Dedication:p

No comments: