Thursday, January 24, 2008

Pearl Jamb

I am in Pearl, MS. I have showered, shaved, shat and ate and now I have something to say which to some may resemble shat but the heck with you, what do you know anyway? I am on my way to Sparks, NV and am really happy to be going back into the snow. I miss chains I tell you... Really.

This Flying J is a nice on the outside but dumpy on the inside example of a truck stop. The shower was not cleaned, the fuel island was dirty and there were islands cordoned off rather than being fixed. The salad bar was full of good food that was hard to eat when I had to sort through plates to find a clean one. The coffee tasted like Comet. It was not a good experience. About the only thing that could happen in this place that would make it worse is for someone to pull their pants down in the TV lounge and take a dump on the carpet. If that were to happen, I would have to say that it is a day and I must be going. There are homeless drifter types everywhere and I just think that with the amount of money that Flying J makes here that they could police the area a bit and keep some order. I got asked which direction I was going by a couple guys that were drinking beer in the open in the morning...I replied which way you headed? I love to confuse a drifter by making him use brain cells in the morning...He said west, I asked is Atlanta west?, and walked off while his microprocessor went into overload. It was a good thing he didn't follow as I had my what is a worm that produces fabric and how many electrons does a nitrogen atom have at the ready. Potential Jeopardy contestants are not in this parking lot. Thank God. Dedication:P

No comments: