Monday, July 16, 2007

Alas, Snowville

Flying J, Snoville, UT. I guess this place is ok...But I feel rather bored by this place as I was just here. I delivered at the USPS center in SLC this morning and I was impressed with the absolute sense of urgency that those Postal Employees displayed in getting me unloaded. I mean that they were just going completely balls out, not even their own safety mattered. All that mattered was that I was patiently waiting and that my time was simply the most valuable thing on their mind. Ok, Ok, I'm full of crap. Trained snails could have unloaded that load faster. They got me empty by 11 am and I got an almost immediate load info message. I was to urgently proceed to Logan, UT and prepare for the most important hot load going to Walmart of Grandview, WA. Now remember, this is July 16th at 11 am. The Load delivers on Wednesday, July 18th at, get this, 2130...I have already loaded and I drove 66.2 miles and parked here in Alas, Snowville. I have run the miles in the computer. I have all of 2 days to run 541.6 miles to a Walmart, where the policy for the most part is that you will arrive no earlier than 1 hour before your appointment time.

I don't know about you, where you drive, or who you may drive for. But I have been on the road since the 6th of July, and not counting this load, all I have driven that I have been paid for is a total of 2936 miles in ten days. That does not count the 73 miles I was paid to drive to Logan and the 66.2 miles I drove here. Really that doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

All I am saying is that if you are thinking about driving for Jim Palmer Trucking; you need to rethink your position. I am, I believe being held down on mileage for daring to ask the company for a bigger truck in order to have enough room for a relative to ride along with me. It was assured to me that when I was in the hiring process that they had plenty of trucks with enough room and all I would have to to is ask. I asked and suddenly, it became a big fat problem where Curtiss (the driver services guy) would not answer his phone when I called to check on his progress...after all, he is there for me. He is also there to tell half truths and stall. Trust me, his bonus is indeed coming.

Anyway, I have been able to fill out some applications with my spare time and have made some phone calls to try and get a strategy up. Anyone have any suggestions? Email me. Dedication...

No comments: