Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Boise Midday On A Mission

Just a short entry, Stopped for fuel and also stopped at the bread store that is right next to the Flying J off of exit 54 on I-84. I like store locations like that as it is so difficult to find real food at real food prices. I seldom buy staples in the truck stop as the markup just makes me sick.

Contacted my dispatcher ready to do battle over the slow load and started by asking him if there is a chance of delivering this early. Which translated means: You stupid jerk, I want better freight... He says he will check and comes back with a 1530 appt time for tomorrow which is better than 2130 but says that I might be able to fit myself into their schedule. That translated, means: You loser, I could care less about your slow as a snail on a hot day freight. I have a fat nagging wife and kids that want nothing but money and to borrow the car. Leave me alone you spawn of satan. If you want to deliver this load any earlier, you had better do it on your own. At that I said thank you and I will give that a try. No need to translate that do you think?

Anyway, I am sort of on a mission. I feel that when I arrive, they will smile, and say see you tomorrow. It's just that I am not able to leave that alone and besides they will not kick me hard and say no. I'm on a mission, and will see how it turns out. Dedication, peace out!

No comments: