Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Back Where I Started

Wishful thinking I suppose. I talked on the phone, played solitaire on the computer, and generally goofed off until 1400. I then drove over to Wally Worlds distribution center and delivered my mouse food to them. No loads preplanned yet. I simply drove back to this truck stop I mentioned in my earlier post and have been here since 5pm. I got out and took a long walk just to clear my head for a couple miles. I just don't understand it. I mean I drove 592 miles on a load that I loaded on the 16th of July. You would think that they would have a plan. I know I would. It is a good thing that Jim Palmer Trucking is not a publicly traded company. Such stupidity would have to be accounted for. When you are a private company, you can be as inefficient and stupid as you want. You only have your self to blame.



At any rate, I took a nice walk around Prosser, WA. This town has a view of some smooth, golden rolling hills that the locals call the Horse Heaven Mountains. Well where I come from they call those hills but hey, it is their area. They sure are pretty. In walking around I noticed that the area that I was in is experiencing a lot of new development. I walked by a lot with a sign that sarcastically said welcome to pleasantville. There was a trailer on the property boarded up with some statements about the local bigotry of city council and the water board. No doubt a protest. I would have taken a picture but I forgot my camera. I am going for a walk in the am and will have a photo taken then. Good night for now.

No comments: