Friday, July 13, 2007

Cheese Kingdom

Well, Last night I pushed hard and managed to get to Oconomowoc, WI at the customer, Roundys with 45 minutes to spare on my 14 hours. Slept 4 hours and backed into the dock then 5 hours and 95 bucks later I was empty. Went to the town of Hartford, WI. Allegedly 24 miles from Oconomowoc...Detour added 16 miles in and 16 miles out. And I bet that Jim Palmer will not pay a cent of it...I will keep you posted about that...
On the way out of that mess, however, I managed to stumble into the Pine Cone Truck Stop in Johnson Creek, WI...that is I-94 and WI-26. I smelled the bakery, baking away as I exited the truck and went into the truck stop to use the facilities. I saw a rather large salad...Garden to be exact with everything in it and lots of it for $3.29. It was out of this world. I had a Strawberry nonfat yogurt parfait for $2.99 that had fresh strawberries and granola with great creamy yogurt in a large cup. Awesome. Then there are the doughnuts...they were huge. I bought a bismarck that was the size of my hand with fingers extended. It was the old style bismarck with the top cut off and the bavarian creme installed in large portion fashion. Also, I bought a chocolate raised doughnut that was larger than the bismarck. It was all delicious. I ate this slowly throughout the day but the doughnuts went all at once...oink, oink....oink!

No comments: