Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Man On The Moon

I am here sitting after a full day of driving in a Truck Parking area outside of Cheyenne. I like the quiet somehow and I always think about the 6 million dollar man...yes, Lee Majors. In the pilot of the show, Steve Austin was being interviewed and was asked what the moon was like and he replied, Wyoming. My grandmother was from Laramie as were some other relatives that no longer write or call and have grown apart from my branch of the family. I always have some sort of wandering thoughts when crossing this state and in spite of its sparce population, I have managed to find some cool spots when crossing. I will add more on this tomorrow.

I had an interesting thing happen today. I was in a construction zone (and therefore on my guard) and some cars and a truck were merging ahead. The truck made it on ok but the cars were lagging. I slowed down and tried to allow them the chance to merge. The first car refused to do the smart thing and panicked, running into several barrels and then slamming on the brakes. The second car then panicked and swerved very abruptly to the left to avoid the idiot in the first car. The second car ended up where the front of my tractor would have been had I been typical and not slowed down. My point is that there are definitely times to hurry. There times where impatience will not necessarily cause trouble. Just try and remember that the speed you are currently doing in a truck or car is also the speed that you will carry with you into an emergency situation or heaven forbid, a crash. Drivers; regardless of what they drive need to work together to have patience and try to keep themselves and others safe in driving. End of sermon now have a good weekend. Dedication...

No comments: