Monday, July 9, 2007

Potato Kingdom

I am here at perhaps the smallest Flying J in the world in Blackfoot, Idaho. It has 4 parking spots, one of which, I managed to sneak into with little swearing and displaying of signs from passers by. I only had 94 miles to go and the delivery on this load is on the 10th. However I do have dreams of grandeur...I am going in Monday the 9th and just see what happens. Sometimes if a guy is in the right place at the right time and says the right things...the unloading just happens early. Other times, a C-note will not help. We shall see what today brings.
About yesterday, I enjoyed the nice drive through Yellowstone park on hwy 191 down to West Yellowstone. I stopped at a wide spot in the road and met a fellow Jim Palmer driver named Victor. We stood at the river watching the rafters drift by and talked about fishing and the many pretty women that were in abundance. It was truly a spiritual conversation as the views of the cliffs, the trees and everything else was magical. A couple on a Harley Davidson pulled up as we were talking and the gentleman got on one knee and proposed to his woman. Magic was in the air. There are few places that you can stop and feel that you could stay for a long time and just soak in the beauty. I hope to take my wife there someday. I stayed in Big Sky once and had a lot of fun but that is another story.

No comments: