Monday, December 31, 2007

Downtown Spokane, Breakfast at Zips

Yesterday, I was bombing across Montana with the plan of stopping in Missoula, dropping off the ruined trailer wheel, taking a shower, filling my water jug with some decent water and hitting the lookout pass. I did that pretty much in that order. While I was at the terminal, there was this other truck driver spreading doom and gloom about how bad lookout pass was and that it had not stopped snowing for 3 days. I told him that I had to go that way anyway, so what is the point in fretting over what I have not seen. He kept blubbering on about how it was really bad and be careful. I asked him for his cell phone number and told him if I were to get stuck that I would give him a call. It was slow going in places, it snowed in places, but, I made it through, only witnessing one spin out and rollover accident which, I called 911 and checked on the people inside. I was doing 45-50 mph and was being passed by this moron (who had his mom, kids, and wife in the truck) who was getting frustrated that I would not move over (into the deep snow drift to let him by. Truth be told, I was on the edge of the snow as it was and he had at least 15 feet of lane offered to him. I get that he was perhaps, scared of the big bad truck. Anyway, he accelerated and passed me and whipped the wheel to the right 50 feet in front of my grille. Bad move. The rear of his pickup swung and he hit the median at speed, sideways. One quick roll and all the stuff fell out of his bed and he landed on the wheels. First comment out of his mouth when I tromped through the snow? Look at this truck. The kids in the back were injured by the in flight movements of their portable DVD player, which shattered. I was glad to see that they were all seat belted. The cab of the truck protected them and they were belted in and for the most part, safe.

I am at the Flying J in Spokane waiting for the Mead Location to open so I can ask them for directions. I should have called them on Friday but forgot and they are closed on weekends. I have to wait for 8 o'clock which seems like an eternity due to the time change. I will live.

Now, It is off to Zips for a breakfast sandwich. Dedication:\

No comments: