Saturday, January 5, 2008

Just Sitting On The Davenport

I remember when I was a kid, my stepdad would say to straighten the cushion on the "davenport". I don't know, but I knew of many people back then that would call the couch the davenport. That has nothing to do with what I am about to talk about, except that I am in
Davenport, Iowa. I know, it is a crappy segue, but deal with it.

Just being here, I can still smell the stench of all the presidential wannabes in the air. Can you say Hillary has left the building and yet it still smells like skank. Anyway, I do not get excited about all this presidential crap this early in the campaign. There are still skeletons in the closet to be exposed and that takes place later on in the campaign. There are scandals, someone has to make an oblique racial statement that the NAACP (a racist organization) needs to get into an uproar about. Or something along those putrid lines. Remember Gary Hart? Things almost never happen by accident, they just happen.

I get calls from friends, all wrapped up in the putrid garbage that is our political system. When you look at it all, you need to look long and hard at what our past presidents have had to say and what they actually did, once they got into office. You will not exactly hear that aspect of this on the news.

Reagan, spoke about national defense. He spoke about getting rid of government control of business and there have been varying degrees of success and failure in those decisions. The bulging military budgets of the 80's were proof that Reagan was serious about keeping the Russians at bay. The 600 ship navy could be shown to be a bit much however and who needed the budget deficits from all this.

George Bush senior was pretty much voted in to continue in some small way the Reagan legacy and it was apparent really soon that he was no Reagan. The Read My Lips and New World Order statements were pretty much regrettable. His choice of a vice presidential candidate is proof in my mind of his incompetence. What a side show that crap was.

Then came Bill Clinton and Al Gore and the "Message of Hope" I am really curious how that garbage worked. Bill Clinton was governor of one of the most morally bankrupt, backwards, non producing states in the union and yet he was to give us some hope? I am sure thinking that he was the one with the hope as he left stains on Monica Cheeseburgerinskies (on the spell Checker, No suggestions) dress. And perhaps hoping that the barracuda that he was married to didn't find out. I wonder, jokes aside, how many things about America were compromised while everyone was once again paying attention to the media hoopla and nothing else was being reported. Really, when I think about it, it seems that the people were being screwed once again. It is just that these two clowns assumed that no one would notice.

Then there is George W. Bush...everyone thought he would be just like his dad, who, in turn was supposed to be just like Ronald Reagan. What a mess that was. I appreciate the fact that he was an alcoholic and decided to straighten up and all his faith issues. I get it. I just do not like Republicans that do not act like Republicans. Halliburton is however, very happy with W.

My point in all this, is that we are often moved to vote in one direction or another by our friendly media. The same friendly media that says that America does not produce anything anymore so we might as well buy a Toyota. The same media that is corporate in nature and benefits from everything they say and that includes Fox, CNN, ABC, all of them are the same in nature. It is just the opinion might be or appear to be different.

I am probably right now looking at Ron Paul. Why? The media hates his guts and I have to wonder exactly why. I mean lets look at the fact that they endorse and push some pretty unsavory politicians that offer them entertainment value and I guess, Hope? The media hates Ron Paul because for one, he is on the edge and he does not have an opaque view when he describes what he wants to do. Vote him in I say. Why? Well, if his views are extreme and make no sense once he gets to office, I am sure that congress will hamstring his butt and keep him from doing any real harm. I for one think that the fact that the media hates this guy so much really appeals to me. I mean if you are a republican right now, are you really getting a juicy look at Huckabee and coming away thinking that he will be a good conservative? I see social democrat written all over this guy. I know he is a minister, but take a good look at how many churches you have went through in looking for just the right place for your family to worship at. Oh, you just picked one? Well then, tune in and let them tell you who to vote for while they fail to report all the faults and dishonesty. Just don't blame me when once again we get a puppet to the corporations and see our taxes rise and the only benefit being received is by the corporations as they move overseas and get taxpayer dollars to do it. There is one case where right now I would not vote for Ron Paul...that is if he goes independent. People are sheep and if there are three choices, I just can't imagine how hard that will be if people actually have to think when they make a decision. It would be just unbelievable. Dedication")

P.S. Vote for who you are wanting to vote for. I have written this with the hope of not getting you to vote one way or another. I have written this to get people, regardless of their political leanings, to analyze and actually think before jumping on that band wagon. This is America, and here you do have the right to your opinions and values. Thank God that we have those rights. There are countries having elections every year with the United States blessing that are in effect rigged. But, since there is an election, it must be the peoples decision. When the person coming into power does not flatter the US? There is sudden scrutiny about the election. Just a thought. :D

No comments: